Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top 5 Dream Destinations (City Edition)


        Today, I'm in one of those "I want to explore the whole world" moods, so I decided to come up with my ultimate, supreme travel bucket list and count down my top 5 "dream destinations." Yes, I know, not the most unique idea, but it's a fun one at least. The "dream destinations" featured on this post range from vibrant, sunny beaches to seemingly desolate, deserted winterscapes because I think there's beauty to be found in all corners of the Earth. So now that I've explained myself, I guess it's time to get started!

5. Anchorage, Alaska
   I know what you're thinking, " Alaska? WHY Alaska of all places? Isn't it always snowy and cold there?" Well, I have been lucky enough to actually travel to Anchorage two separate times and let me tell you, it is absolutely breath-taking! The time frames of my trips were both during the summer months, and the temperature averaged approximately 65-75 Fahrenheit. That, to me, is PERFECT. Not too cold and not too hot. Now, I will admit Alaska can be... uninviting. I had trouble dealing with the fact that at almost any moment, you can be thrust into a dangerous situation. For instance, moose are around almost every corner. This may not seem threatening, but moose can do some serious damage! Their legs are like deadly weapons, and they are notorious for causing horrific car wreaks. Nevertheless, Alaska is stunning with its piercing mountain tops and awe-inspiring wildlife. I can only hope I have the opportunity to travel there once again in the future. 

4. Beijing, China 
   I have always been fascinated by China's prominent landscapes and deeply rooted culture. The amount of legendary attractions that China holds is almost unreal. From the Great Wall to the Forbidden City, I can imagine that one can't escape a history lesson of sorts while touring this vast country. A dream of mine is to visit the Great Wall and just walk for a while. It seems like it'd be so tranquil and stunning! Also, I can't ignore the obvious "plus" which is... China has pandas, and what gets better than pandas? 

3. Rome, Italy 
   No true travel countdown would be complete without Italy. Who wouldn't love to visit where the gladiators fought and walk where Michelangelo walked? Italy is the home of countless achievements in the arts and sciences that make it completely unique and beautiful. The thing at the top of my to-do list for Italy is to visit the Sistine Chapel. I have been in awe of it ever since I was a child. The mastery of art that Michelangelo obtained is just amazing!

2. Madrid, Spain

   As we near spot 1, it's import to remember that amazing geological features is not the only determining factor in picking a dream destination. Cultural qualities is equally important. Spain has one of the richest cultures I can think of. From the food to the dancing, Spain is a cultural platter. In Madrid, you can eat at what is recognized as the oldest restaurant! Am I the only one that thinks that's awesome? Well, if so, don't worry. There is something else that I would personally rather do while in Madrid. This is visit the gorgeous royal palace.  As you can see from the picture above, the palace is basically in itself a piece of art!

1. Athens, Greece
   This is it! The final "dream destination!" And what city is better to pick for the #1 spot than the "birth place" of the civilization? Athens has a perfect combination of breath-taking monuments and rich culture. Even the most history-resenting person can't help but marvel at the monuments that the ancient Greeks built. From the Parthenon to the temple of Athena Nike, you can't turn around in Athens without seeing a historic staple!


  I hope you liked my list! I'd love to hear some of your own personal "dream destinations," so feel free to tell me in the comments! 

1 comment:

  1. Aw i love this, I've been to Athens it's beautiful! And the food is YUM. i Really want to go to Australia :) xo

    ReplyDelete