Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Struggles (Entry 1)


1. Friendships

I can never seem to master how to keep a friendship going. They seem easy, but they aren't. I've had long-term friendships, but they almost always fall through over the most insignificant reasons. In movies and books, there are effortless friendships.

In reality, friendships take, in my opinion, more effort than a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. You have to keep constant momentum going or else something gives. Now I completely realize that this could just be me, but nevertheless, it's a very real struggle for me. I never know if I'm gonna end up friendless by the end of the week. But I think of it like this: If they are willing to drop you at any moment, they don't really care about you anyway.


2. Procrastination


This has to be in my top five biggest struggles. I just can't make myself be responsible and do what I'm supposed to do. How other people beat procrastination, I don't know. I've tried all of the techniques; they just don't work for me! I'm not lazy... just time management impaired. 

3. Reading.

I've always wanted to be one of those people that can just knock out books one after the other. I admire those people probably more than I should, but I just can't read quickly nor can a book keep my attention for long periods of time. 

4. Music

Much like wanting to be a reader, I've always wanted to be one of those people that likes cool Indie music and stuff like that. I actually tried to find Indie music I liked, but I'm just a pop person, as much as that kills me to say. The most I stray from pop music is Imagine Dragons. Sad. I know. 

5. Social Interaction

I am not a "nerd" per say, but I freeze up when I have to be social. My body starts moving in ungraceful ways, and my mind completely goes blank. As you can imagine, this doesn't help in High School of all places. This is something that I actively work on, but it's not by any means an easy thing to correct...


** Hey guys; I realize this was not the most exciting post, but as of now, I'm just trying to kinda let you guys get to know me. If that makes sense...**


No comments:

Post a Comment