Sunday, January 26, 2014

Grammy Predictions!!! (Awkward Edition)

  OK guys. I have a secret to tell. I get WAY too into award shows. I go crazy when my favorites win, and I throw tantrums when they don't. It's just one of my things. As you can imagine, over the years I've gotten pretty good at predicting winners(at least in my mind). So what better to write about than my Grammy predictions??? 

Record of the Year:
Nominees: 
*Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
*Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)
*Royals (Lorde)
*Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
*Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke Feat. T.I. & Pharrell)

Who I want to win: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. 

Who will win: Royals by Lorde. Lorde is the talk of the music industry right now, and I don't see anyone else winning in this category. 

Album of the Year:
Nominees:
*The Blessed Unrest (Sara Bareilles)
*Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)
*Good Kid, M.A.A.D City (Kendrick Lamar)
*The Heist (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis)
*Red (Taylor Swift)

Who I want to win/who will win: The Heist by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Macklemore has taken the music scene by storm and has covered every subject from thrift shops to gay rights. I think it's a sure win. 

Song of the Year: 
Nominees:
*Just Give Me A Reason (Pink & Nate Ruess)
*Locked Out of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
*Roar (Katy Perry)
*Royals (Lorde)
*Same Love (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Mary Lambert) 

Who I want to win: Just Give Me A Reason by Pink & Nate Ruess.

Who will win: Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Mary Lambert. I don't really have many reasons for this pick. I just think it's a winner for sure. 

Best New Artist:
Nominees:
*James Blake
*Kendrick Lamar
*Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
*Kacey Musgraves
*Ed Sheeran 

Who I want to  win: Ed Sheeran. 

Who will win: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Who else could possibly win? 

Best Pop Solo Performance:
Nominees: 
*Brave (Sara Bareilles)
*Royals (Lorde)
*When I Was Your Man (Bruno Mars)
*Roar (Katy Perry)
*Mirrors (Justin Timberlake) 

Who I want to win: Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. 

Who will win: Roar by Katy Perry. I see Katy taking home this award, and I don't even know why. Just a feeling, I guess. (Is my awkwardness showing?)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
Nominees:
*Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
*Just Give Me A Reason (Pink Feat. Nate Ruess)
*Stay (Rihanna Feat. Mikky Ekko)
*Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke Feat. T.I. & Pharrell)
*Suit & Tie (Justin Timberlake & Jay Z)

Who I want to win: Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake & Jay Z. 

Who will win: Just Give Me A Reason by Pink Feat. Nate Ruess. I think the chemistry these two convey in this song will definitely be enough to get them the win. 

Best Pop Vocal Album:
Nominees: 
*Paradise (Lana Del Rey)
*Pure Heroine (Lorde)
*Unorthodox Jukebox (Bruno Mars)
*Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke)
*The 20/20 Experience - The Complete Experience (Justin Timberlake) 

Who I want to win/will win: Pure Heroine by Lorde. She definitely deserves this award. From the vocals to lyrics to the impact this album has had, it's a winner in my book.

**Don't hold me to these guys! I've been known to either be almost all right or almost all wrong. Also, I fought to get this post up before the Grammys actually started. I told you I am a horrible procrastinator. Comment your thoughts/favorite artists! Thanks guys!**






No comments:

Post a Comment