Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Olympics!

  If you guys are like me, you have been extremely happy the past few days. Why? Because the Olympics are on! Winter Olympics that is. Now, personally, I like the Summer Olympics much better, but I love the Olympics period. 

  I love the fact that whole nations stand behind their athletes and cheer for them. I could only imagine how awesome that must feel. 

  Also, I am always in awe of how much work goes into getting the athletes to the Olympics. Countless number of hours practicing is a given when it comes to Olympics athletes. They commit their whole life to sports, and I respect that greatly. It truly encourages me to put my everything into what I love. 

  Another thing I wanted to talk about is something I saw on an Olympic Zone show. It was about how one of the athletes that got a gold medal had a brother who had a degenerative disease that took away his ability to do any type of sport. At one point, the athlete said something along the lines of, "If my brother was well, he'd have three gold medals." I cannot even begin to express how deeply this moved/motivated me. I have a healthy body. I am lucky enough to have the privilege to play and compete in a sport. (I recently joined the track team.) And that guy, who wants nothing more than to be able to compete, can't. So I took it as my responsibility to do as much as I can to be the best athlete I can be. It's not fair if I do anything less than that.  

 **So, guys. I want to know if any of you have gained/learned anything from the Olympic? I gained motivation. (So sorry for the two day absence.)**


No comments:

Post a Comment