Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Struggles (Entry 3)

   This week I am only going to be talking about one struggle: taking a chance. So I am a pretty athletic person, but I have never played on a sports team. Ever. Why? Because I am so extremely self-conscious and worried about everything. Several different coaches have come to me trying to convince me to play a variety of sports, but I have always backed out. I'm just always so worried about not being good enough. Does that make sense? Also, I'm worried about not being able to make friends. I don't really hang out with the "jocks," so I don't know if I'd fit in on a team. (I know. I sound like a whiny 5-year-old.)  
 
    Amongst all of this doubt lies the want to play an "official" sport before I get out of high school. (I'm a Sophomore.) I don't want to look back and regret not doing something that I might have loved


   I have come extremely close to joining the soccer and track team before, but right when I decided I wanted to join, it was too late. Either the team was full or the tryouts were over. This brings me to this particular week's struggle. I have the opportunity to join the tennis team. The team, frankly, isn't any good, so I don't have to worry about not being a great player. That's a plus. But then there is the main problem I'm facing. Tennis, ESPECIALLY is my school, is considered a "girls' sport." I just don't know if I want to add another item to the list of reasons why I'm weird, you know? 

   To finish this off, I have decided to play. I think. I am going to check out the details and everything; hopefully it all goes well, and I will finally play on a team. Who knows? Maybe I'll be good!

 **I hope this didn't bore anyone! I really needed to rant to get everything straight in my head. What are some struggles with taking risks that you guys have? I'd love to hear about them. Thanks everyone!**

No comments:

Post a Comment